|Federal Law Enforcement Award, MITRE Directors Award|
|President of RIT Linux User Group and Free and Open Source at RIT|
|National Web Design Bronze Medalist (SkillsUSA)|
An experienced software engineering leader, focusing on security use cases in the enterprise. Striving for continuous learning and growth through technical and leadership experiences.
San Francisco, CA
|Engineering Manager, Security|
September 2019 to Present
- First security hire developing scalable security in open source management at FOSSA.
- Building an industry-leading vulnerability database from the ground up while supporting vulnerability discovery and remediation at scale within Fortune 50 companies.
- Bootstrapping a new team of software engineers and security professionals into an effective engineering unit, delivering leading security products and solutions.
|Cyber Security and Software Engineer|
May 2016 to September 2019
- Led sub-task development on significant portions of a Digital Forensics and Incident Response framework. Integrated forensic tools and designed complex cluster systems.
- Primary contributor to a high-profile cyber threat analysis tools. Developed full stack systems including complex deployment models and scalable web interfaces.
- Developed robust secure storage engine for investigative tools within large scale agile teams as a part of a GSA modernization effort. Designed complex secure storage methods to be used with AWS and AWS GOVCloud.
- Received Federal Law Enforcement Award, Director's Award, and four other Awards for technical efforts.
|RIT Information Technology Services|
Sept 2014 to Jan 2017
- Modernized multiple legacy PHP applications to increase maintainability and to automate additional tasks such as inventory management and automatic standard form filling.
- Developed internal tools such as automated hiring applications and pre-filled Scantron sheets for exams. Handled ongoing maintenance and deployment of all developed applications and several other tools.
|MIT Lincoln Laboratory|
Feb 2014 to Aug 2015
- Developed and improved proprietary image detection algorithms and related code bases using Matlab and several C++ libraries for use with unmanned aircraft systems.
- Optimized detection and processing times using supercomputers/parallel computing techniques and distributed databases with efficient queries.
- Developed ground-truth verification systems for Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research project (LINEAR). Detected and verified more than 4 million extraterrestrial objects.
A complex distributed service network for personal use. Utilizes distributed computers and advanced networking techniques to achieve secure distributed operation and high availability.
A progressive webapp for texting (SMS/MMS) from your computer using Vue.js (s-r.io/pulse).
A modern open source URL shortener designed as a flexible alternative to existing but antiquated technologies using a microservice architecture (s-r.io/manglr).